Thursday, September 3, 2009

Summer Vacation













I love the month of August when we can leave the heat of Florida and go visit family. Tyler, Brady and I went to Colorado for a week. We were able to go to my nephew Ben's birthday party, and go swimming with my other nephew's Kyan and Talon and niece London. We also went to Casa Bonita and much more. Then we flew with my Mom to Salt Lake to visit my sister Amanda, my grandparents, and many of my aunts, uncles and cousins. We were just there three days, but it was jam packed full of family fun. Next, my boys and I drove up to Jackson Hole, WY where we picked Jared up from the airport and we spent the next nine days in the Tetons. We had many adventures there including hiking around Jenny Lake, cruise on Jackson Lake, camping, Yellowstone. Jared and my brother Danny - who came to visit us there - went white water rafting and horseback riding as well. At the end of our time there, we had a little Alfred Mark Durtschi family reunion. It was really fun to be with Jared's family. We even had a celebrity siting at the Jackson Hole rec center - Harrison Ford and girlfriend. After saying goodbye to Jared, I headed back to Colorado for more fun with my family. We went to the zoo and spent a day at Eldorado Springs. It was a great almost four weeks. The worst part was the two planes it took to get home, the boys were DONE traveling by then. Though it is good to be back in our own house, we really miss our family and the mountains. Can't wait for next summer!

3 comments:

Casey said...

Ooo, cool. I want to see Harrison Ford! Heck, I'd settle for just about any celebrity. Did you get to talk to him or get his autograph or anything? Your boys are getting so big!! Pretty soon you are going to have to change the name of your blog, though. ;) When are you due? You are a trooper to go camping and hiking so pregnant!

Amanda said...

I have to agree with Casey...cool. I think it would be fun to meet Harrison Ford...especially back inhis prime...when he was Hans Solo or something....Ha hahah
anyway, it was good seeing you. Hope your semester goes well and that Jared will be able to come home more often....busy body...one day, Angela, this will be all over!

Heidi & Pona said...

miss you guys!